The study of the emotional and behavioral response in rats after introduction of the neogalenical phytocomplex from Ledum palustre shoots
Keywords:neogalenical phytocomplex, Ledum palustre, “open field”, “elevated plus maze”
While studying new medicinal products their effect on the central nervous system should be researched, namely the hypnotic and anxiolytic action of drugs should be determined. The results of the studies are necessary for further study of the drug and further preparation of the patient information leaflet.
Aim. To study emotional and behavioral responses in rats after introduction of the neogalenical phytocomplex from Ledum palustre shoots.
Materials and methods. The object of the study was the neogalenical phytocomplex from Ledum palustre shoots. The emotional and behavioral response was studied in two tests: “open field” and “elevated plus maze” in rats.
Results. According to the results of the study conducted the neogalenical phytocomplex from Ledum palustre shoots has no sedative, hypnotic, and anxiolytic effects.
Conclusions. Neogalenical phytocomplex from Ledum palustre shoots does not affect the central nervous system; therefore, theoretically, the effect of the complex studied on the ability to drive or work with other mechanisms is not expected in patients.
Tolmachova, K. S., Kireiev, I.V., Koshoviy, O. M., & Upyr, T. V. (2019). Study of the anti-inflammatory activity of Ledum palustre shoots polysaccharides complex. Ukraïns’kij Bìofarmacevtičnij Žurnal, 2(59), 71–74. https://doi.org/10.24959/ubphj.19.224
Verkhovodovoda, Y. V., Kireyev, I.V., Koshovyi, O. M., & Osolodchenko, T. P. (2019). In vitro antimicrobial study of new modifications of salvia officinalis extracts. Annals of Mechnikov Institute, (1), 31–35. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2639493
Tolmachova, K. S., Kireiev, I.V., Koshovyi, O. M., Upyr, T. V. (2019). Patent Ukrainy na korysnu model № y 2019 06433. Novohalenovyi fitokompleks z protykashlovoiu diieiu.
Galuzinska, L. V., & Kukhtenko, O. S. (2019). The study of the sedative effect of “sedosten” extract. Klìnìčna farmacìâ, 23(1), 26–29. https://doi.org/10.24959/cphj.19.1489
Tsemenko, K., Kireyev, I., & Koshoviy, O. (2019). Evaluation of emotional-behavioral reactivity in rats after the introduction of cranberries common complex in combination with arginine. Ukraïns’kij bìofarmacevtičnij žurnal, 1(58), 50–54. https://doi.org/10.24959/ubphj.19.210
Tukalenko, Ye. V., Tubaltseva, I.I., Dmytriieva, I.R., Prokhorova, Ye. M., Drozd, I.P., Lypska, A. I. (2016). Naukovi pratsi: Tekhnohenna bezpeka. Radiobiolohiia, 280(268), 99–104.
7. Guide for the care and use of laboratory animals. (2011). Washington: The National Academies Press, 246.
8. Yevropeiska konventsiia pro zakhyst khrebetnykh tvaryn, yaki vykorystovuiutsia dlia doslidnykh ta inshykh naukovykh tsilei. (1986). Available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_137
Copyright (c) 2019 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).