The study of the influence of a photosensitizer and combined effects of low-intensity laser radiation on the composition of the microflora of the dental plaque

N. I. Filimonova, O. G. Geiderikh, R. S. Nazarian, K. Yu. Spiridonova


The effect of low-intensity laser radiation (LILR) on the background of a photosensitizer (ethacridine lactate) on selective elimination of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms has been studied. Taking into account antiseptic properties of ethacridine lactate the maximally possible time of influence of ethacridine lactate as a photosensitizer should be set. It has been found that after the influence of rivanol (ethacridine lactate) within 1.5-3 minutes the bactericidal action on microorganisms is observed. The effect of antiseptic in the interval from 30 to 60 seconds was not accompanied with the expressed quantitative change of the microbial population. The second stage of the research was identification of microorganisms sensitivity to various concentrations of the photosensitizer. As a photosensitizer the aqueous solution of ethacridine lactate in the concentrations of 0.1; 0.05; 0.01% was used. The results obtained allow to conclude that the concentration of 0.1% solution of ethacridine lactate increases the sensitivity of microorganisms to the effects of low-intensity laser radiation. During the experiment the combined impact of the antimicrobial activity of 0.1% solution of ethacridine lactate and blue spectrum laser radiation has been determined; it is manifested by decrease in the number of CFU/ml of the total microflora of the dental plaque. The number of CFU is reduced from 14.3 ± 0.12 . 103/ml up to 2.4 ± 0.3 . 102/ml after exposure (Table 1). Comparing the data of the control (the initial number of the colonies grown) and the experiment (the number of the colonies grown after the photoactivated disinfection) we have found that the antibacterial action of photoactivated disinfection depends directly on duration of exposure. Thus, the effectiveness of combined use of a photosensitizer with LILR is 1.2 times higher than that of ethacridine lactate (the exposure time is 60 seconds), and 2.0 times higher than the antimicrobial effect of the laser blue spectrum (the exposure time is 120 seconds).


ethacridine lactate; low-intensity laser radiation; the microflora of the dental plaque


Барер Г.М., Зорян Е.В., Агапов В.С. и др. Рациональная фармакотерапия в стоматологии: Руковод. для практикующих врачей / Под общ. ред. Г.М.Барера, Е.В.Зорян. – М.: Литтерра, 2006. – 568 с. (Рациональная фармакотерапия: Сер. руковод. для практикующих врачей. Т. 11).

Зеленова Е.Г., Заславская М.И., Салина Е.В., Рассанов С.П. Микрофлора полости рта: норма и патология: Учеб. пособие. – Нижний Новгород: НГМА, 2004. – 158 с.

Козлов Р.С. // Клин. микробиол. антимикроб. химиотерапии. – 2010. – Т. 12, №4. – С. 284-294.

Микробная флора полости рта: пути заселения, распространения, распределения по биотопам полости рта в норме и при патологии // Стоматол. обозрение. – 2004. – №1. – С. 7-10.

Москвин С.В., Амирханян А.Н. Методы комбинированной и сочетанной лазерной терапии в стоматологии. – М. – Тверь: ООО Триада, 2011. – 208 с.

Наумович С.А., Плавский В.Ю, Петров П.Т., Кувшинов А.В. // Современная стоматол. – 2007. – №2. – С. 27-29.

Ніколішин А.К., Сідаш Ю.В., Федорченко В.І. // Укр. стоматол. альманах. – 2010. – №2, Ч. 2. – С. 35-39.

Решедько Г.К., Козлов Р.С. Состояние резистентности к антиинфекционным химиопрепаратам в России: Практ. руководство по антиинфекционной химиотерапии / Под ред. Л.С.Страчунского, Ю.Б.Белоусова, С.Н.Козлова. – Смоленск: МАКМАХ, 2007. – С. 32-46.

Табаева А.А. Микробиология поражений полости рта при стоматологических и инфекционных заболеваниях: Учеб. пособие. – Алматы, 2006. – 127 с.

Царёв В.Н., Абакаров С.И., Умарова С.Э. // Стоматол. – 2008. – №1. – С. 55-57.

Laxminarayan R., Duse A., Wattal C. et al. // Lancet Infect. Dis. – 2013. – №12. – Р. 1057-1098.

Powers J.H. // Clin. Microbiol. Infect. – 2004. – Suppl. 4. – Р. 23-31.

Simon A. Low level laser therapy for wound healing: An update. Information Paper. IP 22. Edmonton, AB: Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR). – 2004. – Р. 1-34.

GOST Style Citations


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Abbreviated key title: Klìn. farm.

ISSN 2518-1572 (Online), ISSN 1562-725X (Print)